Chef David’s Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb (Ask your butcher to French it for you; leaving the ribs nude will make a beautiful presentation on the plate. The Frenching is an optional step.)
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp thyme
2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp cooking oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350. Rub the lamb rack with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil on high. Place the lamb in the pan, meat side down, and brown it. Flip to other side and brown for a few seconds.
3. Remove to a roasting pan, meat side up and insert a meat thermometer into the center of the rack of lamb
4. Roast on 350 until it is 120 degrees internal temperature, about 1 to 15 minutes. Remove from Oven.
5. Brush meat side (top) with Dijon. Pat on Rosemary and Thyme.
6. Return to the oven and continue to roast until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees, about 4 or 5 minutes.